Saturday, October 20, 2007

Papas ..little girl..
I grew up on a small ranch. My dad was a old cowpoke, had been all his life. Papa taught me to respect my neighbor as well as my dog and horse. Which by the way probably earned it more than the neighbor.

As I grew up I tried to fallow in his mighty footsteps. He rode and packed, so I did too. There were times I tried to move away from the country life. Just to come back again and again. Its in my blood as it is with most country girls. I wanted papa to be proud of me. I have the morals of yesterday I have the ideals of days gone by. I have thought many times that I was born outta my time...I should of been born about 100 years ago. Sometimes life just moves too fast. Gotta slow down and ride into the sunset. My papa was a good man, the best in my book. He was a hard worker, loved his family with a passion. Cared deep for animals and the countryside. I know my papa is proud of his little country girl. May he rest in that big pasture in the sky.

In honor to the man I am proud to call my papa.
Cal Crews
7/24/19--6/4/98

No comments: