Saturday, November 1, 2008

My ride

I've always loved the mountains. When I was a teenager my papa, sister and a friend rode our horses up into them and camped. The Trinity Alps are so pristine and beautiful. Since that day they have been in my blood. Later I worked there as a wrangler, I was seventeen and thought I knew it all. As the years went by I got married and had two wonderful kids. When my kids got old enough where I could venture off with out them needing me I started a guide service into the Trinity Alps. No horses this time, I had seven llamas. I would load the llamas down with the camp gear and awesome food for my clients. They had all the comforts of home. A portable potty tent which could be easily moved to be made into shower. Food like shrimp and wine, pie and even ice cream! One could set by a beautiful lake and watch the dragon flies or the fish jump. It was quiet and the air was fresh. Deer and bear would wonder by the camp. Red tailed hawks would fly over head screeching there warning of intruders, which was us by the way. That was the best job I ever had. Met people from all over. As time passes as it always does life changes and people do to. I no longer take people into the mountains although I still go myself. Now I write novels and truely feel that is what I do best. The road of life for me will continure to take turns that are unexspected and may lead me to the uncharted ..

No comments: